Bike Rental Policies
Plan Your Next Cycling Adventure
Outback Bikes Hapeville Hub (3409 Estelle St, Hapeville GA) is our main rental location.
- All rentals are provided with a helmet and a bike lock, free of charge.
- Other accessories are available with a small fee: lights, flat fix kit, baby seats, cargo racks, phone mounts, and more.
- Bikes come standard with flat pedals. If you need a specific clip-in style pedal, we recommend bringing them (and your corresponding shoes) with you. We can install and remove your pedals for no additional fee.
- Rental customers are not allowed to install any accessories that require a tool. Our mechanics can install your accessories for you. If the accessory has a rubber, velcro, or otherwise non-tool install, you are welcome to add those on yourself.
- All of our rentals will be picked up from our Hapeville location: 3409 Estelle St, Hapeville GA. If you need to pick up your rental bikes from our Little Five location on Moreland Ave, you must select the "transportation fee" extra item.
- On occasion and with advance notice, we are able to deliver rentals. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours before your rental to discuss delivery. Rental delivery fees begin at $25/bike/trip and go up based on distance from our rental location and number of bikes.
- If you are unsure what size bike you should be renting, let us know and we will help you find the right size.
- If your rental is being picked up at Little Five or delivered, we cannot make changes to the bike size on the spot. For swaps at the time of pickup, it will take us at minimum 1 hour to transfer additional bikes and there will be additional transfer fees.
- For rental pickups at Hapeville; as long as the preferred bike is available there is no fee to swap sizes on most rentals.
RULES FOR GOOD BIKE USE
- Bikes must be returned in the condition they are rented, or damage/cleaning fees will incur. A light amount of dirt on mountain bikes is expected, but caked-on mud, dirt chunks into cassettes, or heavy weather damage is not expected wear-and-tear. Cleaning fees begin at $25. If you are unable to clean the bike due to hotel accommodations, we can provide access to our bike cleaning station to save the fee.
- Do not make any modifications to the bike, components, or accessories that involve tools. Ask our staff if you need any adjustments or accommodations. Rubber mounting hardware on lights/computers/phone mounts are acceptable.
- When you stop somewhere, please pay attention on how you park the bike. We ask that you be careful when you lean it on walls, sidewalks, poles etc. Bikes can be easily scratched or fall due to improper parking.
- If the bike is returned damaged, you are responsible for the damage.
- Rental customers are NOT ALLOWED to install/remove pedals on their own. Our staff will install/remove your pedals for no fee. Removing/installing pedals my yourself voids our policy and there WILL be a damage fee for stripped/scratched cranks.
- Wearing a helmet while riding our bikes is necessary. By agreeing to our rental disclosures, you are agreeing to wear a helmet for your safety.
- When renting with us, you agree that you are in proper health to ride a bicycle. Along with this, you agree to not use mind altering substances that may impede your ability to safely ride.
- You agree that you know the local bike safety laws of the state of Georgia and municipalities that you are riding in. This information can be found online, one of many available resources is Bike Law: https://www.bikelaw.com/laws/georgia/
- Anyone under the age of 18 using our rental bikes must be accompanied by a parent/guardian at all times.
- All riders for our rental bikes must complete a copy of our rental waiver. Contact us for this link.
- We require 24 hours notice on rental cancellations. For cancellations less than 24 hours before the rental reservation pickup time, the 10% booking fee is not refunded.
- Cancellations 24+ hours prior to the rental reservation pickup time has no cancellation fee and your booking deposit will be refunded.
RENTAL RETURN POLICY
- Rental bikes are expected to be returned at the agreed upon date/time on the reservation. If the bike is not returned on the return date, it will be considered stolen and a police report will be filed. If you need to edit your reserved times, extend your rental, etc, just reach out and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Please contact us at email@example.com or text 404-688-4878 with any questions/comments/concerns and to discuss accommodations.